Types of information we collect
When registering an account, you will be asked to enter your: name and e-mail address and phone number.
When you are using Task Me, including the app on Windows Phone, Windows Store and the website, certain usage telemetry such as page view, feature utilization is also collected as part of the User Experience Improvement Program (UEIP). We do not automatically collect sensitive information such as your locations or contacts. You can always opt out of this program by turning it off in Settings page.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our Task Me apps and the underlying platform (we continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- We ask for a display name, so that your friends can easily recognize your account. This, however, may not be your real name is you do not want to reveal it.
- We ask for a valid email address, so that we can reduce the number of spam accounts that occupies the resources of our users.
- We ask for a phone number (optionally), so that your friends can easily find you and add you to their friend list.
- We ask you to link your Task Me account with your Facebook account (optionally), so that we can suggest new friends to you are well as let you know when your friends join Task Me.
- We use the usage telemetry to prioritize our tasks, so that the frequently used features will get more focus in future versions.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. However, there are cases that some of your personal information will be exposed:
- When you send an invitation email to your friends, your Display Name and Email Address will show up in the email.
How do we protect your information?
We transfer your information through a secure (SSL) channel and store in secured Microsoft Azure databases.
Your password is encrypted (hashed) before saving into the database. We cannot see your password in clear text or decrypt your password.